WALDIS strongrooms and gun safes
Safes for storing and protecting your weapons, ammunition and most valuable items.
As a gun owner, there’s one thing you know for sure: you want to store your weapons and ammunition in a safe place. With a strongroom and gun safe from WALDIS, you have the best protection for your firearms, pistols and other weapons, as well as your other valuables. Choose your own interior design including weapon holders for storing handguns and/or long guns. We’ve got the right safe for you.
Strongroom and gun safe
based on the WALDIS Business 1450 safe design
Basic safe equipment
- Protection class: resistance grade 3 in accordance with EN 1143–1
- Insurance value up to CHF 300,000
- Max. weapon length with interior safe: 1100 mm
- Max. weapon length without interior safe: 1250 mm
- Number of long guns: max. 12 (if only long guns are stored)
- Number of handguns: max. 24 (if only handguns are stored)
- Interior fittings: 1 x inner safe/1 x partition/4 x adjustable shelves or pull-out shelves/1 x long gun drawer/6 x pistol holders 9 mm
The strongrooms and gun safes are available from safe model Business 1450 onward.
The benefits of a strongroom and gun safe
As a gun owner, you are obliged to store your weapons and ammunition in a secure gun or ammunition cabinet. Switzerland’s federal law on weapons therefore includes some provisions and conditions for the storage of weapons which must be fulfilled. Make the best choice with WALDIS strongrooms and gun safes – the benefits are clear:
- Optimum break-in protection for your weapons, ammunition and other valuable items
- Maximum use of space thanks to custom interior layout
- The practical cabinet system creates order beyond the shooting range
- Space for ammunition, magazines and cleaning equipment
- Fire protection with additional fire-retardant seal
- Convenient removal and storage thanks to pull-out shelves and gun holders for long guns and handguns
- Safe in accordance with WALDIS security standards, resistance grade 3 in accordance with EN 1143–1 and combination lock system PRIMOR 3000
Certification of safe resistance grade according to European standard EN 1143–1
Testing a safe’s level of resistance to break-ins involves attacking it with various tools. For eacch resistance grade, the tester is permitted a set amount of time to perform a partial break-in with a cutting disc. If this time is exceeded, this part of the test is deemed to have been passed. A burglar takes 31 times longer to partially break into a resistance-grade V safe (100 x 100 mm opening) than a safe with a resistance grade of I. The WALDIS strongroom and gun safe meet the protection class with resistance grade 3 and higher at a minimum.